Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Are two really better than one?

Spring is here! There are robins, adventurous squirrels, and mild temperatures. Sure the weather in upstate NY is a bit crazy, but it still beats summers in NYC! I have started to work on a bunch of projects, kinda like an early spring cleaning. I have plans to revamp my craft room and design it right down to the yarn cubbies and darker paint colors. I will be sure to post before and after photos, as well! I can't even begin to tell you how great it is to have a craft room, especially as the craft stash continues to grow.

On the knitting front, I have been working on two-at-a-time socks. At first I was a bit skeptical, being a die hard dpn girl! But once I got the hang of it, it's actually quite nice. It will be great to have both done and not have second-sock anxiety! I'm almost done with the first pair and I can't wait to wear them!

I've also been approached to do some business-knitting. I realized that I really enjoy it, and look forward to more projects!

On the work front, working at the Pottery Studio is great. I have been teaching techniques, learning a lot about the firing process, and really getting involved in the local art community. I feel as though there are lots of great things in store for me and I must stay focused on the positive!

Up next - outdoor projects and landscaping. Hubby and I are looking forward to planting our garden!

Happy Spring!

No comments: