Saturday, October 20, 2012

Greetings! I realize it's been a while since I have posted an entry with a proper update.

It felt like this was the never-ending summer. With temperatures hitting triple digits in April and now high 80's in October, I have been patiently waiting for hoodie season to arrive. I still have trouble believing that I now reside in the desert, but it's not as strange of a concept as it once was. I have come to realize that I have made significant progress in many areas of my life. I am now another year older, and hopefully wiser, with a different outlook on the world. I have come to value different things while remembering that the past is just that; the past.

I have been working on learning how to be alone; a concept that this social butterfly has often struggled with. I am 32 years old and have never been to the movies by myself. I think that it's time to change this. I have also begun to make plans and goals in accordance to what I want. Not such a revolutionary idea, but for me it's taken a long time to get here. I have made mistakes, taken people for granted, and have also hurt myself in ways I never thought possible.

Last night I had an extremely vivid dream that brought out some pretty deep emotions. In regards to my family and the changes that I have gone through over the last couple of years, I realized that this dream was a milestone. It was the last straw in my dwellings; the moment of moments to help me realize that I am a different person. A stronger person. Just as the seasons change along with faces and places, we evolve. Even when we don't plan on it.

A wise person once told me that 'being alone is good for the soul' - and I see what she meant. So in honor of her and her astute advice, I look forward to my trip to the movies alone. And I will appreciate the joy in ordering Mike and Ikes and eating the whole box on my own.

No comments: