Friday, February 10, 2012

Goin' Retro

Have you ever had the urge to get back to your roots? Or maybe revisit things from your past that made you totally happy?

I've had this overwhelming feeling to bring back into my life some of the retro joys that I have loved in my youth. Some of you may remember the original Nintendo system (if not, you need to learn. Now.) and this Christmas I was gifted with this beauty:



Along with this gaming set-up of awesomeness, I have also acquired many of the games I have loved as a child. Just a few include Paper Boy, Tetris, Super Mario Bros, and Dr. Mario. Can you say hell yeah?

Another recent addition has been a record player. I remember listening to 80's ladies like Debbie Gibson and Samantha Fox on vinyl while bee bopping in the privacy of my own stuffed animal lined bedroom. Well now I can do that again (minus the stuffed animals) with this:

Behold, my new Jensen record player, taken in vintage-y form, complete with a small selection of records from the Salvation Army. Vegas happens to have many second hand thrift shops, so it's going to be fun going on vinyl hunts. Stay tuned for more tidbits from the retro files! :)

No comments: