In 13 days, I will be 30 years old. Before I turned 30, I wanted to create a list of goals or intentions, adventures to do before I turned 30. Well now, I am planning a list of things to do while I am 30. Here is my 31 before 31 list:
* Visit San Francisco - This goal will be achieved pretty quickly considering that I will be there when I turn 30. I am looking forward to walking across the Golden Gate Bridge and visiting many unique landmarks. DONE!
* Lose 31 pounds - Always a work in progress. I find that smaller, more realistic goals work better, and if I end up losing more, I won't complain!
* Complete a photo essay - Since graduating with my photo degree, I've had some small freelance photo gigs, but I would love to complete a large photo essay. Preferably Vegas related.
* Hit 31 sales in my Etsy shop - I think that this is most definitely a doable goal. I plan to add more fiber and roving soon, and have great things planned for the early winter.
* Take 31 yoga classes - I used to adore my practice. Since moving, I have let it all slide and I miss it terribly. It's time to get back into it.
* Visit the Grand Canyon - I've never been and this is going to be the year to go.
* Donate 31 Snuggles to a local animal shelter. Details here: http://www.snugglesproject.org/ Won't you also consider making some Snuggles?
* Ride in a helicopter. Yep. Preferably over the lights of Vegas.
* Get published somewhere. Book, newspaper, e-journal, anything.
* Go to Sock Summit with my Fabulous knitting group, Sin City Knits.
* Take more college classes. Whether it's towards a Master's Degree, another Bachelor's, or a cerificate program...I want to keep learning. Education never expires.
* Donate another 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love. I've done it once and it was super rewarding.
* Take piano lessons. I know that I may never be as good as my idol Tori Amos, but I sure can try!
* Finish my quilt! I mean, I took a beginner's class back in 2008, it's time to finish the quilt!
* Learn Spanish. I may not become fluent in a year, but I would love to be able to hold a conversation.
* Donate over $100 and/or volunteer with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I won't stop until there is a cure! Find out more at http://www.cff.org/
* Teach spinning classes.
* Plan a trip to Europe with my husband.
* Take pole dancing lessons. I want to tap into my inner stripper. Meow.
* Read 31 books. That list will pop up in my blog later.
* Go horseback riding. The last time I rode a horse was circa 1991. I used to ride every summer when my family would camp at Lake George. I always rode the same horse. His name was Yukon.
* Experience white water rafting.
* Visit Yellowstone National Park and take lots of photos.
* Paint a picture using oil paints. I haven't painted in a long time. I miss it.
* Continue to hoop and learn more tricks.
* Go to a Dodgers game.
* Write in my Journal while sitting on a Pacific Ocean beach.
* Plan a wine tasting night and taste over 31 wines. I have someone in mind to do this with!
* Record a song.
* Attend as many fruit festivals as possible. Strawberries, apples, oranges, lemons. You name it!
* Make a vintage apron.
Well there you have it folks. My list. Stay tuned for 31 before 31 updates!