Sunday, January 17, 2010

Spinning replaces TV

Since moving to Las Vegas, the hubs and I have been job hunting... and since we are pretty much 'starting over,' we really don't have the funds for xtras. One of these xtras is cable. I've been cable free since the holidays, and I really haven't missed it much. It's actually giving me a lot of time to do some spinning.

A good friend of mine gave me some lovely roving before our cross country drive and I have been working on it everyday. I am almost done with it, and I must say that it looks quite smashing. I will be sure to post pics when I can get new batteries for the point and shoot. My Nikon is packed somewhere, and I need to find it!

I find that the absense of TV has made me more productive. I never realized how much time I wasted in front of the boob tube. In addition to spinning, I've been able to focus in on all the other tasks that I have. All in all, ditching cable has been fine!

Now it's time to do more spinning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you are feeling productive. Keeping all our fingers crossed here that you both find good jobs real fast.

:)

Happy spinning and knitting for now, thoguh, till you do find those jobs. :)