Sunday, November 29, 2009

All for the love of the craft

As this month comes to a close, I am happy to report that I am a NaNoWriMo winner! My novel came in just under 51,000 words and is quite lovely. I plan to edit it a bit and who knows? Maybe self publish?

One thing is for sure, this was an amazing experience and I encourage others to tap into their literary selves next year!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Somehow, I also managed to finish a sock this month, too! I recently learned the 2 circular needle method, and I must say that I love it. I still love my dpns, but the circs are a nice change. Now I need to knit #2. What good is just one sock?

In appreciation of knitting, I would like to leave you with you some of my favorite images. Happy Knitting!


















A lovely rendering from a Victorian trading card





















An adorable image from a 1918 knitting pamplet


No comments: